Infiltrator IM Series Tanks
Infiltrator IM-1060 Septic Tank - 'Dig, Place and Cover'
We're proud to be Newfoundland's local distributor of Infiltrator Septic Tanks - strong, durable tanks that:
Infiltrator is one of north America's top plastic recyclers and the world's leading manufacturer of leach field drainage chambers and septic tanks.
The chambers are a direct replacement for stone and pipe leach fields, and have revolutionized the septic industry. There are now more than 3.5 million Infiltrator systems installed and over 150 million chambers in-ground worldwide.
Infiltrator septic tanks are easy to install and are sold on their own, as replacement tanks, or together with leach field chambers. Tanks and leach field chambers can be installed in less space than gravel leach fields and can save you significant cost, time and effort in installation.
We currently sell the Infiltrator IM-1060 here in Newfoundland. The IM-1060 offers exceptional water-tightness. It is an injection-moulded two-piece plastic tank with a mid-seam joint that has precise dimensions for accepting an engineered EPDM gasket.
A revolutionary improvement in plastic tank design, the IM-1060 offers exceptional strength comparable to concrete tanks (and no heavy transport or large lifting machinery).
The 1060 is also suitable for use as a pump/trash tank or rainwater (non-potable) storage/harvesting tank.
The strength and versatility of Infiltrator Tanks enable a wide-range of installation possibilities including shallow installations and multiple and serial tank configurations. The IM Series offers the quickest installations in the onsite industry. Other benefits include:
Download the IM-1060 Product Sheet
Infiltrator's gasket design utilizes technology from the water industry to deliver a proven means of maintaining a watertight seal. The two-piece design is permanently fastened using a series of non-corrosive plastic alignment dowels and locking seam clips.
- Working Capacity 1094 gal (4141 L)
- Total Capacity 1287 gal (4872 L)
- Airspace 16.5% Length 127" (3226 mm)
- Width 62.2" (1580 mm)
- Length-to-Width Ratio 2.3 to 1
- Height 54.7" (1389 mm)
- Liquid Level 44" (1118 mm)
- Invert Drop 3" (76 mm)
- Fiberglass Supports 2
- Compartments 1 or 2
- Maximum Burial Depth 48" (1219 mm)
- Minimum Burial Depth 6" (152 mm)
- Maximum Pipe Diameter 6" (152 mm)
- Weight 320 lbs (145 kg)
Infiltrator Chambers are exceptionally strong, easy to install and require a smaller land footprint when compared with traditional stone and pipe leach fields - giving you great savings on labor, materials and time. Infiltrator Chambers are installed, then back-filled with the excavated soil and do not require stone / aggregate filling.
Here at Clarity, we sell the Quick 4 Equalizer 24 HD Chamber series. These chambers are designed with continuous structural x-ribs on the chamber dome, and underside corrugations to provide extra support. Additional benefits include:
- Advanced contouring connections swivel up to 15 degrees left or right.
- Latching mechanism for quick installation.
- Four foot chambers easy to handle and install.
- Support wheel loads of 16,000 lbs/axle with only 12" of cover.
- Certified by the Internaitonal Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO).
Download the Drain-Field Chambers Product Sheet
Find out more about the difference Infiltrator tanks and chambers make in this short video.
If you would prefer a Clarity engineer to install the IM-1060 for you, get in touch to discuss your requirements.
Infiltrator IM-540 Septic Tank
A smaller Infiltrator tank with approximately half the capacity of the IM -1060, the IM-540 is as lightweight, strong and durable as the 1060. This watertight tank design is offered with Infiltrator's line of custom-fit risers and heavy-duty lids.
61.7"W x 64.9"L x 54.6"H
(1567 mm x 1648 mm x 1387 mm)
24" (610 mm)
169 lbs (77 kg)
552 gal (2090 L)
Minimum 6" (152 mm)
Maximum 48" (1219 mm)
- Strong injection molded polypropylene construction
- Lightweight plastic construction and inboard lifting lugs allow for easy delivery and handling
- Structurally reinforced access ports eliminate distortion during installation and pump-outs
- Reinforced structural ribbing offers additional strength
- Can be installed with 6" to 48" of cover
- Can be pumped dry during pump-outs
- Suitable for use as a pump tank or rainwater (non-potable) tank
- No special installation, backfill or water filling procedures are required
- No special water filling requirements are necessary
- The tank may be backfilled with suitable native soil. See installation instructions for guidance.